Friday 16 November 2007

Dream Ride

I’m I barmy??
Going alone into the all men’s territory?
Its early morning… and I’m cold,
Cold with the thought what I have opted?
Its just a ride, silly…
Forget it, you’ll enjoy and no worry!

Running on the road…
One, two, three… more and more…
The bulls are coming… and we kick off.

The look of wonder… the look of wish…
All the passersby, bypass them all with modish.
Through the rain… through the wind…
Through the sun and through the chills…
Callous, calm, cool we move,
Unrestrained, rigid, tenacious, hills…
Rising sun, passing peaks and the greens
Promising road ahead and the thumping beats
nothing more, nothing less, wonders wonderers…
and we move…

We move and move… through the night too we move…
Chilly feet chilly hands but we move…
Together we move… and come to the climb to mavanoor…
All enclosed in a dream…
The ride to upstream…
Fairy tale calling… grandma clouds spinning…
And a snake moving to the peak…
Enormous massive mountainous thumping…
Slithering coiling turning curving…
The bends and the moves… and we move sleek!

We reach and stop
Cold? Very…
Tired? Very…
Sleepy? Very…
Hurting all over? Very very very…
Where is the bed silly?

Black dark… No moon no star…
Climb the steps some how…
There is a fire place, oh wow!
Hmmm, getting some life in now!
Place is nice… one by one all settles
And begin the ritual with bottles
I go to get a wash, so that I can break my fast…
Back I am but still the drinks are on,
But there is some surprise on the lawn!
An anni-cake! And to top it all… I’m the one to flake!
This isn’t happening!
Always been a tomboy
Basketballing, tennis racketting, tree climbing...

But still... Me?
Between so many guys? Cutting a cake?
What do i feel? Surprisingly a tomboy still...
Feel like a partner in crime… No, not a babe…
Not a babe at all...
We chat… we discuss,
Disclose the tees… eat dinner and disperse.
Night is still dark and cold… and we sleep in our abodes.

Alarm ringing… where am I?
Cold and dark still I move out at quarter to 5
Skip a beat with a sky soo bright…
No moon still…but the light is of stars…
Stars so pure and stars so near…
I loose myself in their dancing eyes sitting on the crossbar…
Feel sleepy again from their peace and the story.
Bye pretty little heroes, thanks for a lovely play.

I woke again… oh my god… just look out…
What a sight… what a dream to wake up to…
A lake amidst the mountains… and us…
Wow… hurry…get out… reach out… go check it out…
Rush and roll… mesmerized, capture some and click some
Lost in the mountains… away from city away from all potholes.
Hungry? Thirsty? Didn’t even have water!
Breakfast I need right now… what? What is that??
Looks like a shiv-ling… too good… what a arresting rock!
Need to go… need to see… just need to check it out…
And I climb… climb onto the rock… climb like a child… atop the rocks…
Hmmm good… turn back... and look… alluring… splendid… stunning…
I wish I had got my diary… no issues… got no words left,
All swiped out… spell-bounded tongue-tied bewitched bereft...

Ready to go? No, no, no… stamp my foot…
And get ready to go… back to the city-kaput.
Only three bulls only three heading to the jungle race,
I feel sad.. but they increase the pace…
The fog is still here… the clouds are still here…
Then why are we going back dear?
Taking a different route…

I just don’t wanna shout and be rude…

Are we going back? We are!
We are climbing another mountain!
We are slithering down another peak…
but this time all twists and turns…
All dangerous and deadly curves we sneek.
Clouds following up down… up down…
We go with them… climbing down town.
Reach the plains and back we go…
Straight straight straight… back to the rat-race…
And another chapter closed!

6 comments:

Jo said...

Through the rain… through the wind…
Through the sun and through the chills…............
Enormous massive mountainous thumping......
riding through d dream....
the ritual with bottles :)
-
I just feel wow......... Great one.

Sars said...

and then back to home station...
back to the maddening place...
some call it civilization...
I call it a mistake!

--xh-- said...

the ride report with a difference... :-) great. the lines really lives the passion and spirit of riding:)
just love this
"some call it civilization...
I call it a mistake!
"

Biker BT said...

Hey good stuff...a ride covered in poetry !Thump ON- BT.

Unknown said...

Hi.. Nice lines.. See that this fire is alive throughout your life in spite of all the city kaput's.. Keep going..
Raghu- SB-TVM

jsr said...

good one!

"Straight straight straight… back to the rat-race…
And another chapter closed!"

The ride never ends!